Above: banner showing image of IRIAF Major General Javad Fakoori
Iran's military on 29SEP15 remembered it's fallen commanders lost in an air crash thirty-four years ago to the day, during the Iran-Iraq War.
On 29SEP81, IRIAF Lockheed C-130H Hercules, serial 5-8552 en route from Ahvaz to Mehrabad crashed near Kahrizak, 20 kilometers south of Tehran, killing 80 on board including wounded from the front and the following Iranian top ranking military commanders:
- IRIA Major General Valiollah Fallahi, commander joint chief of staff
- IRIAF Major General Javad Fakouri, IRIAF commander and deputy commander joint chief of staff
(IRIAF Tactical Fighter Base 2 at Tabriz is named "Shahid Fakhouri" in his honor)
- IRIA Brigadier General Seyed Mousa Namjoo, minister of defense
- IRGC Brigadier General Yousef Kolahdouz, acting IRGC commander
- IRGC Major General Mohammad Ali Jahanara
(Hero during the Abadan siege and combat commander during Battles of Khoramshahr)
IRIAF Brigadier General 2C Hossein Khalili speaking at the commemoration ceremony
Seated in the audience, far right: IRIAF Deputy Commander Brig. Gen. Alireza Barkhour
H-3 airstrike during the Iran-Iraq War.
Group of IRIAF colonels seated at the commemoration ceremony
Photos: Mahdi Shamohammadi at Tasnim News Agency