IRI Defense Minister Hossein Dehqan
According to PressTV:
Iran’s Defense Minister Hossein Dehqan says Tehran had given the US information about the import of a chemical nerve agent to Syria by militants eight months ago.
“Threats of a military strike under the pretext of using chemical weapons in Syria come as [the US] ignored Iran’s warnings about Sarin gas being taken to Syria eight months ago and [thereby] practically paved the way for chemical attacks in Syria,” Dehqan said on Monday
“Therefore, [the US] wants [to launch] limited strikes in order to rebuild the shattered morale of terrorists [in Syria], weaken the operational capability of the Syrian armed forces and change the balance of operation in the favor of Takfiris,” he added.This claim has previously been made public in an interview of IRI Foreign Minister Zarif, which was picked up by BBC Persian and reported HERE at Uskowi on Iran.
Iran further claims there was no response to the shared intel, and there's not been a U.S. response to the claim itself being made public. If the Iranian claim is true, it would have happened late in President Ahmadinejad's term while Salehi was foreign minister.