Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu today said on CBS’s "Face the Nation" that last week's bombing in Bulgaria that killed five Israeli tourists was committed by Hezbollah with the support of Iran.
"We have unquestionable, fully-substantiated intelligence that this was done by Hezbollah backed by Iran," Netanyahu said. (CBS.com, 22 July)
"We've been witnessing over the last two years an Iranian-sponsored global campaign, along with its sidekick Hezbollah, to launch terror attacks against Israelis," Netanyahu added. "They've been doing this now around the world for the last year or two, basically getting away with murder, because nobody really pointed the finger."
Meanwhile, the Bulgarian police is investigating two more suspects in the attack on the Israelis. The Bulgarian daily Standard Sunday quoted police sources as saying that the two suspects were to backup and control the suicide bomber at Burgas airport. The identity of the suicide bomber was still unclear.