[Hossein Dehghan is a former] Deputy to the president and director of the Bonyad-e Shahid va Omur-e Isargaran (Foundation for the Martyrs and the Aﬀairs of Self-Sacriﬁcers), former commander of IRGC of Tehran, former acting commander of IRGC of Isfahan (District 2, National), former commander of IRGC of Lebanon, former commander of District 1 of Sarallah and Sarallah Operations Headquarters, former acting commander of the Air Force of IRGC (Niru-ye Hava’i-ye Sepah-e Pasdaran), former commander of the IRGC Air Force, former acting chairman of the joint headquarters of the IRGC [and] former general manager of the Cooperatives Foundation of the IRGCIn 2010, Dehghan was appointed secretary of the Expediency Council's political, defense and security committee. In addition, he served as an advisor to the former President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad. [Source: Wikipedia]
Addressing Iran's parliament during the confirmation process for defense minister, Dehghan has provided his vision as defense minister. This includes:
* Preserving the independence, unity and territorial integrity of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
* Increase participation in peace and stabilization policies, with emphasis on regional balances.
* Promote Iran defense industry capabilities in meeting strategic requirements.
* Emphasis on passive defense in compliance with the requirements of development projects and land use planning.
* Soft power enhancement by means of increased visibility and positive image of the armed forces.
* Linking knowledge, power and strategy in industry and Iranian DoD missions.
Further details entail:
* Air defense research, air defense missile systems, radar detection, recognition and tracking, advanced AD command and control.
* ICT: stable, secure communications, electronic warfare and cyber defense.
* Naval priorities: light and heavy combat ships, submarines, and further development of anti-ship weapons.
* Aerial priorities:: further UAV development, optimizing local production [upgrades] of combat, support and commercial aircraft as well as rotary wing aircraft.
* Aerospace: improved performance and precision of SSMs, TELs, satellites and ground stations (directing, controlling and receiving).
* Refinements of tactical and technical capabilities of Artesh weapons, ammunition and equipment.
* Police and Border: technical support, manufacturing and supply of equipment and materials, fullfilling requirements of law enforcement mission requirements.
Suggested further reading and the source for reporting on Dehghan's confirmation process can be found at mashreghnews.ir or by clicking HERE.