The US Department of the Treasury today designated four individuals and four entities for their alleged ties to Iran's nuclear and missile programs.
The individuals targeted for financial sanctions are:
- Dawood Agha-Jani (Atomic Energy Organization of Iran - AEOI)
- Moshen Hojati (Aerospace Industries Organization - AIO)
- Mehrdad Akhlaghi Ketabachi(Shahid Bakeri Industrial Group -SBIG)
- Naser Maleki (Shahid Hemmat Industrial Group - SHIG)
AEOI, AIO, SBIG and SGIG have already been designated as WMD proliferators.
Newly targeted corporations are:
- Shahid Sattari Industries
- Seventh of Tir [7th of Tir]
- Ammunition and Metallurgy Industries Group (AMIG)
- Parchin Chemical Industries
Shahid Sattari Industries is designated for involvement in the manufacturing and maintenance of ground support equipment for SBIG.
The other three entities were designated for their work for Iran's Defense Industries Organization (DIO). The U.S. Department of State designated DIO in 2007 for engaging in proliferation of weapons of mass destruction or their means of delivery.
The assets of the individuals and entities under the US jurisdiction (such as bank accounts in US dollars) are frozen, and any transactions between the designees and US persons and entities are prohibited.