- Release of all movement supporters arrested after the June presidential election
- End of the bloody crackdown, violence and killings waged against the opposition
- Enactment of transparent electoral laws
- Recognition of freedom of press and expression
- Recognition of people’s right to assemble
Mousavi chided extremists for calling for the arrest and execution of opposition leaders.
“I am not afraid to sacrifice my life in support of people’s aspirations and demands… [But] arresting Mousavi and Karubi will not calm the situation,” Mousavi said.
Mousavi’s statement was published today in Tehran.