US Senators Jon Kyl and Joe Lieberman are introducing a sense of the Senate resolution on Iran, possibly up for a vote today. The main points of the resolution are:
- Iran is fighting a proxy war against the Iraqi and coalition forces in Iraq.
- It is a vital national interest of the US to prevent Iran from turning Iraq's Shiite militias into a Hezbollah-like force.
- The US should combat, contain and roll back the violent activities and destabilizing influence inside Iraq of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Prudent and calibrated use of all instruments of United States national power.
- Designating Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corp. (IRGC) as a terrorist organization.
The Kyl-Lieberman, if it passes the Senate, will authorize the administration to move militarily against IRGC and other Iranian targets.
Post a Comment