The Saudi Press Agency had reported earlier this month that Iranian President Ahmadinejad had approved the plan during his meeting in
- Arising from the conviction of Arab countries that a military solution to the conflict will not achieve peace or provide security for the parties, the council:
1 - Requests Israel to reconsider its policies and declare that a just peace is its strategic option as well.
2 - Further calls upon
a. Full Israeli withdrawal from all the territories occupied since 1967, including the Syrian Golan Heights to the lines of June 4, 1967 as well as the remaining occupied Lebanese territories in the south of
b. Achievement of a just solution to the Palestinian refugee problem to be agreed upon in accordance with UN General Assembly Resolution 194.
(UN General Assembly Resolution 194 (1948), Article 11: "Refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbors should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date.")
c. The acceptance of the establishment of a sovereign independent Palestinian state on the Palestinian territories occupied since June 4, 1967 in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, with east
3. Consequently, Arab countries affirm the following:
a. Consider the Arab-Israeli conflict ended, and enter into a peace agreement with
b. Establish normal relations with
4. Assures the rejection of all forms of Palestinian patriation which conflict with the special circumstances of Arab host countries.
5. Calls upon the government of
6. Invites the international community and all countries and organizations to support this initiative.